Friday, February 25, 2011

Nicole inspired me

So, those veggies inspired me to link this recipe (for some reason I cannot copy and paste anything into blogger lately). They are Kole's favorite treat and really healthy believe it or not. We call them "cupcakes" but really they are muffins made with carrots (hence the inspiration from the veggies), whole wheat flour and dried fruit. I take most of the dried fruit out and use raisins instead and add small amount of mini chocolate chips for an extra treat ;) I use HALF the sugar it calls for and use HALF the oil it calls for but replace the other half with UNSWEET applesauce. Shredding the carrots is the most time consuming but if you use the shredding blade on your food processor it goes by quick! I like to bribe Kole with a cupcake so he's a "good boy" or he eats all of something that is on his plate. It TOTALLY works and I am NOT above bribing my kids at this point.
Enjoy!





Kole says, "mmm...cupcake taste good." Yes, he requests a crown when eating cupcakes most days when we are home. He must feel EXTRA special :)


1 comment:

  1. I remember when you made these for daycare! I am going to have to try it. I think that I might by some dried cherries next time I'm at Costco and add them. So do you omit the sunflower seeds and coconut?

    ReplyDelete